We are looking for mechanically inclined, diligent individuals to learn to use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of machining functions. CNC Operators are highly skilled professionals, able to work with great concentration and precision. They must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are essential. The goal is to produce high quality parts that meet required specifications.
• Learn to operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, turning, grinding, milling etc.
• Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
• Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
• Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
• Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
• Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
• Proven hands-on mechanical experience
• Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming
• Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
• A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
• Good communication abilities
• High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
• Successfully completed apprenticeship is required
Contact: Jay Mallinckrodt 830.997.9434, ext 227