Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Development Director spearheads fundraising and development efforts at the Foundation and supervises the Membership Director as well as facilities rentals.
• Lead all grant proposals and fund-raising events to support the Foundation’s mission.
• Staff point of contact for the Foundation’s Board of Directors’ Development Committee.
• Coordinates the various donor appeal, cultivation, and recognition programs.
• Supervises the Membership Director and the Facilities Rental Manager.
• Coordinates with and supports all Foundation Departments and the Museum Director
• 5-plus years of experience in business and/or non-profit development and fund raising.
• Demonstrated success in building relationships and outreach.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with project management experience a plus.
• A collaborator with the ability to work independently without close oversight.
• A strategic mindset, high-energy and passion in building long-term plans in support of the Foundation’s Mission.
• Bachelor's degree required; master’s preferred.
This is a Full Time, salaried position in the range of $60,000 to $65,000 with health insurance, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays. A 401-B retirement savings account is offered. The applicant’s lifestyle must be flexible enough to work evenings and weekends, when required.
Please submit resume with salary requirement to The Admiral Nimitz Foundation, 328 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624 Attn: President/CEO, or email to dshields@NimitzFoundation.org