Overall Facilities Maintenance to insure the longest possible life and optimum operation of the Boot Ranch properties. Responsible for selecting, training and supervising the Facilities and Housekeeping staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Arrive for work timely each day and prioritize any needed repairs
• Mechanically inclined with all around knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and fire protection systems
• Aptitude to perform hands on repairs
• Organizational abilities to coordinate Club projects and renovations
• Ability to read and understand all trade-related schematic and construction documents and drawings
• Scheduling workloads and work orders for all areas of the Club and its equipment
• Preparing and monitoring budgets for Facilities and Housekeeping Departments, taking corrective action as needed to help assure that budget goals are attained
• Attending staff meetings and coordinating efforts to schedule work activities
• Overseeing daily water quality checks on swimming pools, Jacuzzi and filtering systems to protect the health and well-being of members and guests
• Maintaining an ongoing management program for the property’s HVAC, Fire Protection system and lighting systems and advising on potential upgrades
• Maintain logs for all equipment repairs
• Responsible for a well-stocked repair shop with all basic and supply items that are needed on a regular basis to minimize trips to town
• Demonstrate safety in all aspects of facilities maintenance, utilizing proper hand, eye, ear and respiratory gear, and make sure the Staff does so too
• Organize and hold appropriate training sessions so that Staff will be able to operate all assigned equipment and perform job duties efficiently and safely
• Responsible for all public areas of the Boot Ranch property to be sure they are kept in a clean and presentable manner
• Responsible that firewood is available as needed and fireplaces are cleaned as needed
• Responsible for Culligan bottled water supply
• Responsible for set-up and break-down furniture (ours or rentals) for special events as needed
• Responsible for timely display of Christmas lights for the Holiday season
• Other tasks as they may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, GED; or three years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Ability to accomplish many tasks in short period of time
• Attention to the details
• Employee must be able to work weekends
• Ability to follow oral and written directions
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals (can be provided in either English or Spanish).
Ability to calculate basic math. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Jonas Timekeeper log in and out procedures, Microsoft Outlook for email communication, Word and Excel spreadsheets.
Manages all employees in the Facilities Maintenance and Housekeeping Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and primary evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, possibly requiring bilingual communication. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit; required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Please contact Kelsie Sieckmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 830-990-7626 if you are interested in joining our team!