We are looking for a prep cook who is excited about working at our beautiful vineyard and winery in the heart of Texas Wine Country. You will be part of a hospitality team that strives to give our fans unique experiences that complement their visits and the fantastic wines we produce through small bites, hand foods, charcuterie, special events, and planned dinners. Come share our world!
• Competitive pay
• Opportunities for training
• 50% discount on our wines and wine allocation (free) depending on tenure
• A great team to work with in a beautiful environment
• ...and more!
A Prep Cook requires good communication and culinary skills. The desired candidate will have at least one to two years of cooking experience. The ideal person should have a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedure and will work in the kitchen with minimal supervision and training.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Ensure quality and freshness of ingredients and products
• Kitchen setup and breakdown
• Assisting with stocking and setting up the kitchen stations
• Preparing food including cleaning and cutting the ingredients
• Plating prepared food based on Executive Chef’s guidance
• Washing and cleaning the kitchen and cooking utensils and storing the equipment at the end of shifts
• Stock inventory and supplies
• Cleaning up stations and managing leftover food
• Dish area cleanliness and trash removal
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• Support and assist the executive chef in all activities and events including but not limited to supper clubs, member events, private events, seasonal dinners, wine and food pairings, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• Although experience not required, we need a highly motivated individual with the ability to learn and follow directions
• Strong organizational and listening skills
• Must be self-motivated and aptitude for multi-tasking
• Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
• Follow Executive Chef and Sous Chef’s instructions
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Extend 100% of professional ability to the operation and department.
• Other appropriate duties may be assigned when required by the senior leadership team, role and responsibilities may be subject to change at any time and will be communicated accordingly.
• No supervisory responsibilities
• Must be able to work in a kitchen environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
• Occasional work outside for special events, including barbecues, outside buffets, etc.
• Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions
• Ability to lift and move objects of up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
• Ability to negotiate uneven, outdoor surfaces
• Ability to work in various weather conditions, including hot and cold weather
Travel and Remote Work
• This position may require occasional travel to off-site locations, but does not require overnight travel except on rare occasions for events or training
• This position requires on-site work on a regular basis
• Travel to and from the main worksite (daily commute) is at the expense of the employee and is not considered time worked
• Travel between sites during the workday is considered time worked
Required education and experience
• High school or GED equivalent
• Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen employees, employees from other departments, and guests.
• Safe Food Handling Certification (we can provide this course)
• Experience calculating figures and amounts and performing mathematical functions to meet the business needs
Additional eligibility requirements
• This job is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
It is the policy of William Chris Wine Company to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.