Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, Grapevine, and Richmond Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to more than 200,000 gallons. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
This position is responsible for the growth, direction, training, and maintenance of Messina Hof. The Tasting Room MOD is an extension of management and will be expected to perform at a high standard as well as holding their team accountable for their performance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Promote, sell, and conduct tours, tastings, parties and repeat sales at winery
· Educate Messina Hof guests on wine, wine & food pairings and wine appreciation
· Operate POS system for routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
· Communicate with guests, co-workers, and business associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people and hospitality oriented.
· Facilitate Messina Hof’s high standard of cleanliness and organization in all areas of the Tasting Room including, food areas, deck area, preparation areas and restroom
· Assist with inventory control including movements, merchandising and stocking of all items
· Maintain full stock of wines, food items, and gift shop items
· Responsible for opening and closing procedures
· Responsible for personnel management, overseeing training of new associates and management of ongoing associates
· Increase Wine Club and VIP Club memberships
· Engage in Wine Club and VIP customer service activities, database maintenance, and duties to enhance the retention of Wine Club and VIP memberships.
· Assist the Wine Club and VIP Sales Manager in the execution of in-house Wine Club and VIP events, such as VIP Receptions and Wine Club Pick-Up Parties, to maximize attendance and sales.
· Communicate and educate information that is passed from the Wine Club and VIP Sales Manager to the staff at Messina Hof Winery
· Perform other duties as required including assisting other departments as needed
If you are interested in hearing more about the position, please visit www.messinahof.com/careers or call 979-778-9463 ext 250 or 241