PLEASE NOTE START TIME OF 6:30 P.M.
MUST BE IN PLACE FOR JUDGING BY 5:30 P.M.
The Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce invites you to participate in the 2023 Light the Night Christmas Parade on
Friday, December 1, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. We are pleased to announce that, once again, the first 30-minutes of the parade will be live televised on KEYE-TV, the CBS affiliate in Austin. The parade will also be livestreamed with narration, in its entirety, on FBG.live. In case of inclement weather, the parade will be rescheduled to Friday, December 8, 2023.
The Parade Committee and the Fredericksburg Police Department require you to follow these rules and regulations for your safety and everyone’s enjoyment:
• All entries must have decorative lighting and be appropriate for all ages. Unlit entries will not be allowed into the parade line-up.
• No Santa or Ms. Claus characters, other than the Chamber’s official Santa Float, are allowed.
• Consumption of alcoholic beverages in the staging area or during the parade by any entry driver, rider or volunteer is strictly prohibited.
• Entries submitted by elected officials, political candidates or registered political parties must be decorated with a holiday theme.
• Campaign slogans, political ideology or issues-based messaging are restricted on all parade entries as they do not align with the spirit and theme of the Light The Night Christmas Parade.
• The Parade Committee retains the right to refuse entry of any floats, units or individuals not conforming to the standards of the Light The Night Christmas Parade. Offensive signage or décor on any entry or offensive or inappropriate language or behavior by drivers/riders of an entry are grounds for refusal of entry, removal from line-up and banned entry in future parades.
• No rollerblades or skate boards or water guns will be allowed.
• No walking entries, other than color guards and marching bands, are allowed.
• Each moving vehicle must be driven by an adult with a valid driver’s license and valid insurance coverage for the vehicle(s) they operate.
• NO articles whatsoever (gum, candy, flyers, etc) may be thrown, handed, or passed from any floats or vehicles. Violation of this rule may result in exclusion from future parades.
• Ribbons for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place will be given in each division.
• Line-up begins at 3 p.m. Floats selected for the televised portion of the parade will be provided with a specific line-up order and must arrive by 4 p.m. All other entries must arrive by 4:30 p.m. and will be lined-up in the order deemed appropriate that evening. Entries not in place with decorative lights on continuously by 5:30 p.m. will not be judged.
• The starting location & staging area will be on South Crockett, Nimitz Parkway and West San Antonio Streets, please enter the area eastbound on San Antonio Street.
• If your entry has riders, please note this important safety requirement. At the end of the route (Main & Bowie Streets), all entries must turn left onto Bowie Street. Those entries with riders are required to return to the pre-parade staging area, by turning left on San Antonio Street and left on Crockett Street to off-load. We have placed additional lighting behind the Pioneer Memorial Library in the staging area for your convenience. This requirement will be enforced by the Fredericksburg Police Department.
Entries to considered for the televised portion of the parade must be submitted by Friday, November 17, 2023. Please a description of your business or organization AND a description of your entry’s theme and how it will be decorated. Entries that do not provide a written description of how the entry will be decorated will NOT be considered for the live-televised portion of the parade. If you have any questions, please call Sammy Segner at 830-997-2559 or the Chamber office at 830-997-5000. Thank you for your participation.
RISK OF COVID-19 AND OUR EFFORTS TO HELP MINIMIZE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID- 19, or any variant strain of COVID-19, exists in any public place where people gather, including parades. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. Guests should attend only after evaluating their own health risk. Your attendance at the Light The Night Christmas Parade & AfterGlow constitutes your understanding of these risks, and you voluntarily assume such risks related to exposure to COVID-19. The Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce cannot be held liable if you contract COVID-19. Help protect yourself by following safety protocols, and state and local public health recommendations and mandates.
If you, or a member of your travel party, has fever exceeding 100 degrees or other commonly-known symptoms, please stay home.
COMPLETE YOUR ENTRY FORM ONLINE AT